Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Welcome to Galapagos

Welcome to our Galapagos blog.

When you put nine Aussies, seven Americans and a couple from 'The Olde Country' together in nature's wonderland you are bound to have fun.


When I travelled with Peter Lambert to Antarctica two years ago I felt like it was the closest thing to visiting another planet. I experienced the same sensation in Galapagos; a land where time stands still;  where animals show no fear of humans; swimming and walking beside we humans.

Into this magical formula add eighteen people with a zest for life and adventure. It was just the right number; we all got to know each other, share meals and stories. We ate, drank and laughed together. I even learned a few words in Texan.

Can I apologise again to all the people I bumped, swamped and mangled while snorkelling. I can assure you it was unintentional. My peripheral vision ain't quite what it used to be.

Please add photos and stories, thoughts and views. Photos on their own always look a little lonely so please combine words and pics. 

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful beginning to this memorable way to re-live such a great trip. Here's something I found to toast the magic energy of Australians! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs_-DKUimeo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this blog and can't wait to see more photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss you all! Am headed to Ushuaia but will be back in the CA much too soon and will hopefully contribute to this blog. Hugs and kisses from Patagonia!

    ReplyDelete