Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Galapagos leaks

The first feature of an underwater camera is that it should keep the water on the outside. It shouldn't leak. (But many do)

We bought a Panasonic Lumix FT4 and so far ... no leaks.

I've also discovered a few other tricks in taking shots underwater. You need to be close to the subject, you need to be close to the surface and a sunny day helps.



My first venture underwater was hopeless. In 30 minutes I took 40 shots and not one was sharp or usable. On my second attempt I got 2 or 3 usable shots.

It was only during the review session with the Aussies that I realised how many sharks were swimming with us. If I had have known that, there is now way I would have been in the water. Short sight does have a few advantages!

No comments:

Post a Comment